Passenger elevators located within the residence halls are provided for use by residents of that building, their guests, and departmental staff. The following actions are prohibited and may result in disciplinary action:
- Damage and/or vandalism to the elevators (i.e., prying doors open, jumping, etc.).
- Use of emergency alarms and emergency stops in situations other than an emergency.
- Unauthorized use of an elevator key.
- Evacuating people from the elevator without trained personnel.
- If you lose your keys down an elevator shaft and you wish to have them retrieved, you will be responsible for paying the charge for their retrieval. This charge is approximately $75-$300. You may prefer to request a room lock change and a building entrance replacement key/prox card, each of which have an associated charge.