Monday, November 4, 2013 - 2:33pm
Here are a few things to remember as we approach Thanksgiving break.
- All building entrances will be locked at 5pm on Friday, November 22, and will remain locked until 10am on Sunday, December 1.
- There are no meals during Thanksgiving Break. Contract dining ends at 2:00pm on Friday, November 22, and begins again for breakfast on Monday, December 2.
- Residents may occupy their rooms during Thanksgiving vacation at no additional charge if they have a legitimate reason, and if they fill out the proper paperwork from their hall’s information desk prior to Thursday, November 21. Please stop by your building's front desk and register as soon as possible.
- Residents should register to stay even if it is for a portion of the break.
- Remember to: turn off your air conditioner, leave heat on low, dispose of perishable items in your fridge and leave it plugged in, empty the trash and take your keys with you.
- Confront or report any unescorted strangers in your hall. Your RA or other residence hall staff can help you confront any strangers. If you have reason to believe that the person poses an immediate threat, call University of Iowa Police at 319-335-5022, and immediately contact your 24-hour desk.
More information about Thanksgiving break can be found here.