FAFSA: Free Application for Federal Student Aid
It's time to file your 2014-15 FAFSA and the Office of Student Financial Aid has provided some helpful information for you. If you have questions you can contact the financial aid office at (319)335-1450 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students must reapply for financial aid each year. Financial aid awarded by the University of Iowa Office of Student Financial Aid (UI OSFA) is not automatically renewed. The UI OSFA encourages students to file the FAFSA as soon as possible after January 1, 2014 to be considered for the maximum amount of financial aid. The FAFSA can be filed using estimated income information if actual information is not available. Awards are made on a first‐come, first-served basis. Although students can apply for financial aid throughout the year, funding for some financial aid programs may be depleted prior to May 1, 2014. Therefore, students are encouraged to submit all forms as soon as possible to be considered for the maximum amount of financial aid.
- 2014‐2015 FAFSA
- Complete as soon as possible after January 1, 2014.
- The FAFSA may be completed using estimated tax information. 2013 federal taxes do not have to be filed before completing the FAFSA.
- University of Iowa Verification Form (IVF)
- Students will be notified by email when their IVF is available on MyUI.
- UI OSFA must receive the FAFSA results before students are able to access their IVF.
- 2013 Federal Income Tax Return
- A signed and dated photocopy of the student’s (and parents’, if applicable) 2013 federal income tax return must be submitted to UI OSFA.
Check your application status on MyUI (Student Records, Application Status).