Monday, November 10, 2014 - 3:16pm
Here are a few things to remember as we approach Thanksgiving break.
- All building entrances will be locked at 5pm on Friday, November 21, and will remain locked until 10am on Sunday, November 30.
- There are no meals during Thanksgiving Break. Contract dining ends at 2:00pm on Friday, November 21, and begins again for breakfast on Monday, December 1.
- Residents may occupy their rooms during Thanksgiving vacation at no additional charge as long as they register in advance by filling out the email survey, sent from their hall coordinator. Please stop by your building's front desk if you have not received your email.
- Residents should register to stay even if it is for a portion of the break.
- Remember to: turn off your air conditioner, leave heat on low, dispose of perishable items in your fridge and leave it plugged in, empty the trash and take your keys with you.
- Confront or report any unescorted strangers in your hall. Your RA or other residence hall staff can help you confront any strangers. If you have reason to believe that the person poses an immediate threat, call University of Iowa Police at 319-335-5022, and immediately contact your 24-hour desk.
For more information about Thanksgiving break can be found here.