Monday, December 8, 2014 - 2:34pm
Here are a few things to remember as we approach Winter Break.
- All building entrances will be locked at noon on Saturday, December 20, and will remain locked until 8am on Saturday, January 17, 2015.
- You will need to sign up prior to noon on December 18, 2014, to live on campus over winter break. Only students who register for Winter Break housing can stay. The cost is $300.00. You can sign up here.
- There are no meals during Winter Break. Contract dining ends at 2:00pm on Friday, December 19, and begins again at 6:45am on Monday, January 19, 2015.
- Remember to: turn off your air conditioner, leave heat on low, dispose of perishable items in your fridge and leave it plugged in, empty the trash and take your keys with you.
- If you are leaving the University of Iowa after this semester please go to 4141 Burge to cancel your contract. Any students leaving at this time must be checked out of their room by noon on December 20, 2014.
- Confront or report any unescorted strangers in your hall. Your RA or other residence hall staff can help you confront any strangers. If you have reason to believe that the person poses an immediate threat, call University Police at 319-335-5022, and immediately contact your 24-hour desk.
For more information about Winter Break visit here.
Additionally, your safety and security is important to us. For security tips, visit here.