Friday, November 13, 2015 - 2:43pm
Here are a few things to remember as we approach Thanksgiving break.
- If you will be staying for any period of time during the Thanksgiving break period, you MUST register in advance prior to Thursday, November 19.
- Residents may occupy their rooms during Thanksgiving break at no additional charge as long as they register in advance by filling out the email survey, sent from their hall coordinator. Please stop by your building's front desk if you have not received your email.
- There are no meals during Thanksgiving Break. Contract dining ends at 2:00pm on Friday, November 20, and begins again for breakfast on Monday, November 30, 2015.
- Residents should register to stay even if it is for a portion of the break.
- Remember to: turn off your air conditioner, leave heat on low, dispose of perishable items in your fridge and leave it plugged in, empty the trash and take your keys with you.
- Confront or report any unescorted strangers in your hall. Your RA or other residence hall staff can help you confront any strangers. If you have reason to believe that the person poses an immediate threat, call University of Iowa Police at 319-335-5022, and immediately contact your 24-hour desk.