The Fall Job and Internship Fair will be on Thursday, September 22, from 11am-4pm in the IMU.
Check-in will be in Hubbard Commons – be sure to bring your student ID for check-in.
Why go to the Career Fair? Who will be there?
The Fair is a great way to network with organizations from all over the nation! Whether you are looking for an internship or a full-time position or, there will be plenty of employers looking for candidates just like you.
The Fair is open to all majors and is free of charge.
Here are some highlights:
- There will be over 160 organizations at the Fair this fall!
- 6 Graduate Schools will be in attendance
- 32 non-profits will be there from various sectors
- A few of the new organizations include; Trek Bicycle Corp., Oracle, Aureon, Mindshare, LLC and more!
- Government entities such as the FBI, State of Iowa, and US Department of State (Bureau of Diplomatic Security)
- 28 Fortune 500 organizations
**For a full list of organizations, visit HireaHawk.com under “Events” to research employers attending or download our U of I Career Fair Plus App where you can filter by many things including major, location, position type, etc.
What should I do before the Fair?
- Update your resume during walk-in hours M-F - 10 am-3 pm in C310 Pomerantz Center
- Download the U of I Career Fair Plus App here- Android / iOS
- Research employers attending on HireaHawk.com under “Events” to see more about them and their jobs/internships
- Update your HireaHawk.com account for an accurate nametag with your major listed
- Bring your UI Student ID card, resume and dress professionally
What else is going on at the Fair?
- Take a “Behind the Scenes Tour” to learn more about the Fair! Tours are at 11:30 am, 12:30 pm, 1:30 pm, and 2:30 pm and leave from the Iowa Theater
- Get a free professional photo at the LinkedIn Photo Booth on the 2nd Floor
- Visit the Student Hospitality area to take a break between speaking with employers
How else can I prepare for the Fair?
Attend a Prepare for the Fair session! Attend one of these 20 minute sessions to learn how to prepare and what to expect at a career fair to maximize your visit with employers:
- Monday, Sept. 19th at 3 pm - Pomerantz Career Center Lobby (C310)
- Tuesday, Sept. 20th at 4 pm - Main Library Learning Commons, Group Rooms 1103 & 1105
- Wednesday, Sept. 21st at 12 pm - W401 PBB
- Wednesday, Sept. 21st at 3 pm - Pomerantz Career Center Lobby (C310)
For more information, please visit our website at https://careers.uiowa.edu/fall-job-internship-fair or watch this brief video.