Who is eligible? Here is a checklist:
- Full-time enrollment with 2.8 GPA (after Spring 2017 grades have been recorded)
- US Citizen and Iowa resident
- Junior Status Fall 2017 (60 s.h. completed)
- Show great potential and promise, work hard to make ends meet, and have been faced with challenging or debilitating situations in life
- Demonstrate financial need by filing the 2017-2018 FAFSA by March 1
- Complete Carver Scholarship application online prior to April 1 (Carver Scholarship)
Students selected for awards will be those who have fallen between the cracks of other financial aid programs and, similar to what Roy Carver himself did, are willing to “pull themselves up by their own bootstraps” to achieve a good education in order to have an opportunity to live the American Dream. They will be students of great potential and promise who have to work hard to make ends meet and have been faced with unusual or debilitating circumstances in their lives.
If you have questions, contact email@example.com or visit financialaid.uiowa.edu.