Lights, camera, action! Who doesn’t love a movie marathon? This community brings film enthusiasts together to relate the movies you love to the life you live. Connect what happens on the silver screen to your own experiences through attending film screenings and festivals in Iowa City, exploring what goes into the art of film production, and more.
Programming for Between Takes
Programming may vary from year to year. Past programs in this community have included:
- Attend a film screening at Film Scene or the Iowa Theater.
- Go to movies at the campus theater presented by CAB
- Join in movie marathons on your floor
- Attend a midnight screening of a popular movie
- Watch parties for awards shows such as the Oscars and the Screen Actors Guild Awards
- Dinner and a movie at a local theater and restaurant
- Go on a behind the scenes tour of the historic Englert Theater.
CSI:1400:0001 - The Passport Project: Exploring Iowa and Iowa City: The Passport Project, highly recommended for First-Year and transfer students, will introduce and actively engage participants in the University and Iowa City's rich cultural and intellectual offerings. Students attend twelve events they select, including music concerts, art workshops and openings, literary readings, lectures in the sciences and humanities, hands-on engineering demonstrations, dance recitals, political forums, and theatrical productions. Students post brief written and multimedia reviews and reflections in electronic "passports" issued for the class. Small-group discussions complement class meetings and special events, featuring outstanding leaders in the arts, humanities, and sciences community.
Who Lives Here
This community is open to all students.