Hitting the books isn’t the only key to college success. This community is a home for intellectual engagement with students from a variety of academic areas, sharing ideas and learning together. As an honors student you will have nearby access to the Blank Honors Center, the chance to participate in leadership and higher education opportunities, and more!
Programming for Honors
Programming may vary from year to year. Past programs in this community have included:
- Attend the hot topic coffee house
- Learn about scholarships and undergraduate research opportunities
- Get connected to graduate school prep programs
- Take part in puzzle nights and Honors Trivia contests
- Join study sessions for common courses
- Attend discussions with leading faculty members
- Join friends at the annual "Library Lock-In"
- Explore performing arts and cultural events
- Be part of the Honors Talent Showcase
Who Lives Here
This community accepts first-year, transfer, and returning honors students. To join the Honors House Living-Learning Community, students must first accept their invitation to become a member of Honors at Iowa.