Chow down! This community aims to explore the nutritional and cultural value of food as well as its relation to current events and the environment. As a member of this community you will learn to prepare healthy and delicious recipes on a college student's budget, explore various food choices in Iowa City, and bond with your floor mates over great meals! This LLC will not be offered for the 2017-18 Academic Year. We recommend the Well Beings LLC as an alternative.
Programming for Kitchen Table
Programming may vary from year to year. Past programs in this community have included:
- Eat a meal at a local Iowa City restaurant
- Learn how to cook delicious food in your residence hall room
- Learn to eat well on a college student budget
- Attend a session about preparing healthy snacks
- Attend a food demo with one of the University Dining chefs
- Explore the local Farmer’s Market
- Participate in food cook offs
- Learn about sustainability and how to eat locally
- Attend a potluck dinner featuring foods from the cultural backgrounds of your floor mates
There is currently not a course connected to the Kitchen Table LLC.
Who Lives Here
This community is open to all students.