Do more than lead, create a generation of leaders! This community is for you if you have the desire to shape the minds of the future and are interested in teaching elementary through high school. You will discuss current issues in education, interact with faculty members, learn about the College of Education, and have the chance to watch a current teacher in action through your first-year seminar.
This LLC is a wonderful conglomerate of all majors and provides great support for students pursuing a teaching career. Students will be able to connect with professionals in education, receive guidance from Teacher Leader Center faculty and staff, and become acquainted with the Teacher Education Program.
Programming for Tomorrow’s Teachers Today
Programming may vary from year to year. Past programs in this community have included:
- Get invited to dinner with the Dean of the College of Education
- Participate in field games with REACH students
- Donate a day of service at the Iowa Children’s Museum
- Have fun at the Back to School Bash
- Attend a panel discussions facilitated by faculty in the College of Education for answers to your questions about entering the field and applying to the College of Education
- Volunteer with Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Experience a ropes course with Recreational Services
- Shadow a K-12 teacher for a day
- Join the school supply drive
- Learn about alternative careers in Education
Many of our Living Learning Communities require an academic course in common, which connects to the theme of the LLC. The courses that we offer are a great way for students to connect with their peers around their academics and form personal relationships with Iowa faculty, as well as delve deeper into the theme of their LLC. Courses for the 2017-2018 academic year have not yet been selected, so keep checking back for updates as we finalize course selection.
Who Lives Here
This community is open to all students.