ARH is directly linked to the individual residence hall associations within nine residence halls. With these associations, the students of the residence halls can expect an improved way of life, not only through community improvements, but also through programming efforts. Through gathering together to experience social and educational programs, residents begin to enhance their feeling of a community environment.
- Associated Daum (AD)
- Associated Students At Parklawn (ASAP)
- Burge Association Student House (BASH)
- Hillcrest Association (HA)
- Housing Association Working for Quad (HAWQ)
- Mayflower Community (MayCo)
- Organized Stanley and Currier Associated Residents (OSCAR)
- Residence Organization Associated Rienow (ROAR)
- United Slater Association (USA)
ARH focuses on system-wide and campus issues, allowing each residence halls’ government time to directly focus on their specific halls. Getting involved in a residence hall executive board is incredibly beneficial on a multitude of levels.
What to expect while serving on a Hall Association?
- Improve and expand leadership skills such as communication, problem solving, planning events and activities, organizing, and goal-setting
- Create and build connections with students
- Network with university professional staff, student organizations, and community foundations
- Plan social, educational, and awareness events
- Represent Iowa at regional and national conferences
- Resume-builder for work related experience and leadership development
There is a wide array of diverse positions to develop leadership skills and gain experience in a possible career area that interests you. Also, the people you meet and the positive networking that is created is indeed priceless. Finally, you will experience the satisfaction of knowing your work has indeed improved a person's life. How can it be any better than that? ARH is your voice for the residence halls.
- President: Serve as the official representative of the hall association; preside over all meetings of the hall association’s executive board and hall association meetings; attend ARH Cabinet Meetings comprising of other hall association presidents.
- Vice-President: Oversee all ad-hoc committees approved by the hall associations and assist with Living Learning Communities initiatives.
- Finance Director: Oversee all the expenses of the hall association; attend meetings of the ARH Financial Board; maintain annual budgets.
- Communications and Marketing Director: Coordinate and oversee all advertising and marketing tasks for their hall association; work with the ARH Communications and Marketing Director on publicity and advertising of all programming initiatives.
- ARH Senators: attend the ARH Senate Meetings and report back to their Executive Board; serve on an ARH committee. The different committees include the following:
- Sustainability. Improve recycling and sustainability initiatives in the residence halls.
- Diversity. Coordinate social justice and diversity awareness programs to the residents
- Leadership. Assist in providing leadership development opportunities for students.
- Dining Advisory. Provide feedback and suggestions regarding our dining services.
The hall association’s elections are held in the fall semester. Feel free to directly contact us, anyone affiliated with ARH, or your resident assistant (RA) to learn more about this opportunity.