Laundry in the residence halls
All laundry in the residence halls at Iowa is done using a smartphone or tablet app. To do this, you will need to download the 4thID application. This lets you reserve washers and dryers and pay for your laundry in one easy-to-use app.
4thID is here to help you with your laundry or app questions.
How it works
We've included instructions below on how to do your laundry using the 4thID application.
How to do laundry in the halls
You will need to download the 4thID application at this link, 4thID.com/download.
Next, you will then create an account using your mobile number and your uiowa.edu email address. Once logged in, you will see the property page.
You will need to add your IowaOne card to your profile. To do this you will:
- Select profile in the lower right can corner.
- Tap account.
- Navigate to add campus card/IowaOne card. Click add.
- Login in with your HawkID. You will then put in your HawkID credentials. Click continue.
On the app select areas at the bottom of the screen to view available laundry areas in your residence hall. Select the area in which you are wanting to do laundry. To start a cycle you will:
- Select start a cycle now on the app to begin washing.
- After selecting start a cycle now, enter the machine number.
- Or reseve a machine, select reserve a machine. Machine numbers are on the front of the washer or dryer.
- Once the machine number is entered, press start cycle to begin washing or drying.
Request a refund
If you've experienced a problem and would like to request a credit on your 4thID account, send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Issue description
- Time of transaction
- Email of the affected 4thID account
- Store credit amount requested
For more information, visit the 4thID website.